Monday, July 30, 2012

My DIY Kitchen Banquette

Every since I can remember I have always loved kitchen banquettes.  I really love them near windows. I love natural light so the more windows in a home the better!

I only have one window in our kitchen in the house we just moved into but I do have a L-shaped corner that will work perfectly for a banquette.  So you guys already saw the kitchen wall stencil I did here,  My banquette will go in that corner.  So I got our contractor to make a frame for the banquette. Originally, I was going to try to be ambitious and do it myself but I figured I would leave that part to a professional :)  I probably should have told him to make the bench seat a little deeper so it would allow more seat coverage but it should work out fine. I just cant make the back too thick. I ordered a round glass table for the area so hopefully it works out when it actually comes in.

So here is the frame he did. I painted it white.

I have also decided I want to do a tufted look for the banquette and I found tons of inspiration pics on my new fave site... www.houzz.com !! Here are a few of my inspiration pics:



Stay tuned on how my version turns out! :)

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol we are still waiting to find out more about the banquette. =)
    also, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your site via Google because I was looking up diy banquettes, and we also have rads under ours. Where do I see the finished result? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here it ishttp://nnekasaran.blogspot.ca/2012/10/hey-guys-wow-time-flies-i-know-its-been.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here it ishttp://nnekasaran.blogspot.ca/2012/10/hey-guys-wow-time-flies-i-know-its-been.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails