Monday, February 1, 2010

You CAN do your own bouquet!!

Wedding bouquets can be quite pricey depending on the types of flowers you want, the style and what florist you go to. They can range anywhere from $50 to $150 or more. But why pay for it when you can do it yourself!! :)

Originally, I really wanted to go with all peonies in my bouquet butttt they can get a bit pricey and since I had to consider my budget...I decided to go with all roses. One flower you cant go wrong with are roses. They are classic, always in season, and come in every color!!!

I knew I wanted a full bouquet so I ended up using about 45-50 roses. Unfortunately, I didnt take pics of myself putting it together but its pretty simple to do. All you need is some florist tape,scissors, ribbon, and a broach (optional).

The first thing you want to do is remove all the leaves and thorns off each rose.
Next gather the flowers together a few at a time and wrap florist tape around them.
Continue to add flowers to the bunch and tape.
Do this until you get the desired look for your bouquet. Wrap a little more tape around the bouquet, then get your ribbon and neatly wrap your ribbon around the bouquet.
Once your ribbon is in place, if desired, add a pretty broach and you're all done!!

By the way, there are tons of clips online that give detailed instructions on how to do your own bouquet!

REMEMBER, YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails