Monday, January 24, 2011

My New Project!

Room by Candice Olsen
This past weekend I had my first consultation with a client who wants me to decorate her two beautiful daughters' bedrooms. And let me tell you, I am in heaven with this project!! As yall know, I especially LOVE doing girly projects. I am in the process of drawing up vision boards for the two rooms. I will keep you guys posted on the progress once I officially get started!

And remember, while I am a big proponent of DIY.... I recognize not everyone likes to do things themselves.  Its very time consuming and some simply have no interest in it.  And for all of you out there who don't like to make things/decorate yourselves or just don't have the time... remember I'M FOR HIRE!!!!!!!!  Just thought I'd subtly throw that on out there again! :)

By the way, awhile ago I forgot to share with you all a small project I did for a client. She ordered a beautiful comforter set for her baby but the ribbons on the bumper that tie around the crib rails weren't long or wide enough.  And the material didn't quite match the look she was going for.  She wanted big pretty bows that hung a little long on the corners.  So I took the old ribbons off and used some raw silk to recreate the new ties.  I love the look of raw silk...it has a very regal look to me.  Unfortunately, I don't have any BEFORE pictures but I found a picture of some other crib bedding that has ties that are very similar to those that came on my clients' baby bumper originally. This gives you an idea of how they looked before:
 And this is how it looked AFTER I was finished: 
Big difference right? I loved the way it came out and my client was super pleased which is what matters the most! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey! When I was a single adult, that first photo shows my bedroom theme!!! Had to put it away living with a man in my bedroom. :-) I miss Bombay Kids, lol, yes I love the kids stuff. It's great!

    Ella - stylishwithsubstance.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but I still use that white furniture I bought from them at the same time. Best furniture we own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love that bedroom theme! Good thing you are still using the furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails