Friday, June 19, 2009

Hair Rage

When I was younger, I wanted to become a hair stylist. I still remember the Christmas I was in 7th grade and my mom got me a overhead hair dryer and a gigantic stocking full of hair supplies! I thought I had died and gone to heaven (lol). My cousin and I had a little apprenticeship under this lady at my church who owned her own shop.....but we ended up knowing more about some of the "cool" hairstyles than she did! Fingerwaves, french rolls, rod sets, etc.... were all the rage back in the early 90s! And I had mastered the art of fingerwaving!! lol. Fast forward to college, I ended up running a mini shop in my dorm at Hampton doing friends and other students hair. I still remember charging $6.00 for a roller set! LOL
I even worked in a shop for a little on campus at Hampton . Of course, I didnt end up pursuing doing hair as a career but I still love all things about hair to this day. Its amazing how creative we can be with our hair....from color changes, to cuts, to weaves, to braids, to natural styles... the options are limitless!

Check out a few pics of different styles I love!! (Me & a few of my friends are mixed throughout these pics too :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

While we are on the topic of hair, Ive shared with you before that Im a jet black hair girl for life! My absolute favorite rinse is Rejuvatone. It gets your hair really black and last for a few washes. Ive had some bad experiences with some rinses over the years...but nothing tops my Rejuvatone! But of course, everyone's hair takes differently to various products
Photobucket
photos courtesy of: Instyle Weddings, Getty, Essence, personal

3 comments:

  1. Oh SNAP!!!! I'm famous!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaay!!!!! KeShaJo in the house!!!! I know that's right girl!!!!! I use the black powder die for my jet black look...just a little FYI! Thanks Nek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...so that is what the new bottle looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails