Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cute for a Baby Shower: Napkin Dresses!

While browsing the Internet I came across a tutorial for the cutest little napkin dresses on howdoesshe.com! They are soo simple to make and totally cute for a girl baby shower! I went and bought some napkins just to try it out! I ended up getting 9X9 napkins from Party City but I think its better to do it with the bigger and thicker napkins.  You just may have to cut them a down a little.

Since my napkins were really too small, I had to open them up and then start the steps so it made them a bit wider than what they did in the tutorial I saw.  Check out how I made these:
Photobucket

First thing you need is napkins, scissors, little bows, and maybe a little glue.
Napkins: Party City
Little Bows: Michael's
Photobucket

Next, open up your napkin. (Remember these instructions are for the smaller napkins...the larger napkins, you dont have to open...you can just start folding)
Photobucket

Then fold both sides in.
Photobucket
Should look like this now:
Photobucket

Now fold it over once more:
Photobucket

Make triangle cuts in the sides and the top as shown here:
Photobucket

Unfold and glue bow to center! And wallah...all done! :) How easy was that!?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails